The 2018 iPad Pros

“These iPad Pros aren’t cheap. Throw in a $179 Smart Keyboard Folio and $129 Apple Pencil and even the $799 base model will run you over $1,100 all told. (The 12.9-inch Smart Keyboard Folio is $199.) But these aren’t “just tablets”. They’re tablets, yes, but there’s no just to them. Dollar for dollar, they’re a better value than any MacBook Apple has ever made. They match — and in some areas exceed — the CPU and GPU performance of MacBook Pros that cost $3000 or more. These are serious iPads for serious iPad users… More at DF.”

No one can deny the power in the new iPad Pros or the impressive designs. However, and it is a point raised by many reviewers so far, the software is lagging a long way behind the hardware at this point- you don’t need that much power for the things 95% of iPad users do and for the other 5% it is still a battle to do powerful things. The software is holding the hardware back.

One thought on “The 2018 iPad Pros

  1. Absolutely. I want to be able to plug in an external monitor, external drives, a mouse, etc. Otherwise it’s “just” an iPad and I have one that fulfills my iPad needs. I really wonder how many people can consistently use an iPad for “pro” type work.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s