I received my iPhone X on 7th November 2017 and have used it extensively since. I consider myself a power user who uses it for a variety of tasks and who consistently does the following each day-
- Approx one hour of navigation using TomTom
- Three to four hours of podcast / music playback
- Many notifications and communications throughout the day
- Some game playing
- At least an hour of reading
- Web browsing and a multitude of other tasks to complete the set. The screen below says a lot-
So, after 15 months of heavy usage I have 94% battery health which Apple classes as ‘peak performance’. If that rate continued the phone would last for decades, but that will obviously not be the case.
The thing is that the X is still as fast as it was on the first day, it has no damage and there is no reason at all to replace it. The camera may not be the best on the market, the screen may not be the biggest, but every feature is either ‘good enough’ or ‘excellent’.
No smartphone is as buttery smooth as the iPhone in day to day use and this is one major reason why I will be sticking with it. 100% reliability to date, no glitches at all, and the same super quick performance is why I will keep this iPhone, and why Apple may struggle to make as much money as before in this area. IT REALLY DOES JUST WORK.